Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Lunch Box Ideas Your Kids Will Eat!
1. Chili in a thermos is a great lunch. I make a big crock pot of chili on the weekend and in the morning warm it up and transfer to a thermos. Easy peasy!
2. Scrambled eggs in a thermous are also great. You can also pack some left over chicken and cherry tomoatoes.
3. Salads that include grill chicken, veggies and salad dressing on the side. Kids love assembling the salad at lunch time.
4. Soup is another thermous meal that makes for a great lunch. My kids love sipping soup through a straw.
5. Boiled eggs are great as they include all 22 amino acids. Boil a dozen on the weekend and you can grab and go throughout the week.
6. Turkey meatballs with your favorite sauce packed with some toothpicks gets kids excited to eat their lunch. I do have to remind my boys not to use the toothpicks as swords!
7. Chickpea Salad is a hit for adults and kids. See receipe below.
8. Pasta Salad made with gluten free noodles like penne or elbows are super easy. Cook and cool. Add cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Add some sea salt and pepper. Throw in some feta goat cheese if you like!
9. Stir fry in a thermos or cold with rice, chicken, shrimp, veggies sauteed in coconut oil with a little Tamari sauce is great!
10. Egg or Tuna salad made with avacado instead of mayo on lettus wraps or gluten free wraps. Kids love to roll their own wrap. Just dump salad on the wrap and roll away!
Now that you have your lunch box ideas prepped are you ready to do a little something for yourself? vibrant health MBA is a four session course that focuses on health eating and getting to the root of any modern day health concern. check www.joleengruber.com for upcoming classes or email Joleen at email@example.com
2 cans or two cups of dried chickpeas soaked
4 celery stalks chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
3 green onions chopped (optional)
goat feta (optional)
Sea salt to taste.
Drizzle lemon juice and extra virgin olive to taste.